Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Have a Contract From Oxford


It's true! As a result of my performance last Friday at formal dinner, the University gave me a contract in order to reimburse me for my services!

As you might recall, I paid 240 pounds to rent my cello. That's pretty steep. When Professor Steinhardt heard how much I paid, he looked into getting an honorarium from Oxford in order to help me defray the expense. That resulted in a contract paying me 150 pounds for my services! Granted, that's not all that my cello cost, but I never told them how much it cost. I'm more than happy with the amount.

The coolest part is that I now have an actual contract from the University of Oxford. Here are the terms as written in my contract:

"Dear Mr. Ruckman

Set out below are the details of the programme on which it is proposed you work. Our terms and conditions are given below.

Programme Summer School/Masters in International Human Rights Law
Venue New College
Role Musician at Formal Dinner (!!)
Dates Friday 31st July
Fee 150 pounds (they used the actual pound symbol)

etc........legalese......blah, blah, blah....

If the proposal and the terms and conditions are acceptable, please complete the form below and sign your acceptance, and return one copy of this letter to me at the above address.

Yours Sincerely,

Name of Oxford Employee (which I shall omit in an attempt at discretion)"

Awesome, right?!? I might not cash the check when I get it from them. I'll just frame it next to my first food stamp (kidding, kidding).

Okay, back to studying.

No comments: