Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oxford


A friend of mine, who happens to be a prolific blogger, suggested that I blog about my experience in Oxford. Although I considered this thing dead, I thought that was a pretty good idea. Better this than mass emails, right? I'll try really hard not to be as lame as the blogger who shall not be named.

Anyway, I arrived at Oxford at 2PM and checked in. This was after a rather uncomfortable flight that consisted of little to no sleep. I'd flown Virgin America in the past and thought it rocked. Virgin Atlantic does not rock. It feels like Virgin America's bastard child. The planes are much older, the economy seats are ridiculously narrow, and there's no leg room. I seriously had to move to the bulkhead in order to gain some semblance of comfort. Upgrade for the return flight? You betcha.

The best part of the trip was the bus-ride to Oxford from Heathrow. The bus was really nice and clean, it had wireless, and outlets. The outlets thing would have been awesome if I'd remembered to buy a converter at the airport. Oh well. Ironically, the bus was the first place I managed to get some sleep.

I think that's enough for now. To give you a sense of where I'm at and what I'm up to, here's a pic of the college I'm staying at:http://www2.fukujo.ac.jp/WEBLOG-NAME/en/Harry%20Potter1.JPG Look familiar? Ya, they filmed parts of Harry Potter there. I know. It's awesome.

2 comments:

saisai said...

it takes hard work, dedication, and hours of practice to achieve my level of lameity. deep down, i know you wish you had what it takes. in your next life maybe.

23 said...

Ha, no I certainly was not referring to the general inspiration for this blog when I noted a certain someone's lameity. The certain someone happens to be a male and I will leave it at that...