Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Work Fail


Pardon the extreme blog fail. I started class, a new internship, and spent the weekend camping. Life sometimes gets in the way of virtual writing. Shocking, I know.

Anyway, I started said internship yesterday. When I arrived, I was informed that my boss is out of town. For the next two weeks.

They have no work for me (or the other intern). I've been sitting here in my fancy suit finding new and creative ways to waste time. Mostly, this involves reading about the Redskins.

Normally, I would welcome such a work fail. I strongly fear, though, that the absence of work will turn into a plethora of busy work. I did not go to law school to do busy work. I went to law school to do grunt work.

Dear internship,

Do not rob me of the opportunity to do soul-crushing grunt work. There is a pulse of soul inside me. I do not know what to do with it. Please stamp it out immediately.

Love Always,

Jonathan

No comments: